|What MY NAME Means|
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated.
Hmmm...something to think of for the night...
Yesterday was my college friend's wedding. It was one of those days that will stay in my head for a very long time. Why? Let's name some of them:
1. Our "barkada" was complete for a change-- so it's like a reunion for all of us.
2. It was one hell of an event-- like wedding of the year for the lavish food, festive decorations, soothing music from the quartet, touching videos of the bride and groom and awesome treats for the guests (keyword: games!).
3. I saw my friend's glowing face while she's looking at her husband and I've never seen her THIS happy since the world began.
4. We saw Basil Valdez (he sang during the mass), whom I thought passed away. So sorry for that!
5. Traffic jam which consumed more than 2 hours of our time going to the reception. (ranked 2nd place compared to the flood last year which took 3 hours!)
6. Most of the songs played during the reception are the ones that were played zillions of times on my phone which remind me of too many memories.
7. I got my hair curled-- which was my plan for years that had gotten buried somewhere in my busy head.
8. Touching speech from the groom's family...2 words: quotable quotes. I want to cry but then I never cry in public so I just cried in my imagination.
9. We were so full from the 6 or 7 courses of food brought by waiters who did a number of parading the food prior to serving them to guests. (almost like strippers walking in a single line without getting naked after the show)
10. Lastly, I wouldn't forget hugging my friend like I'm never seeing her again. Well, not really, it's like the end of her looking like a girl to me because she's a woman now. I just didn't think she'd get mature that fast...time really flies.
I'll definitely miss her. To give you a brief summary of our friendship, she was not my usual friend. She was the studious type who never forgets to get her homework done. You see, I'm the laidback type as mentioned above so I get my homework done when I need it or I cram for it or copy it right before class when we were in college. She's never absent or late in class unless we influenced her to it (rarely happens). She's gifted with great hands (can draw anything she can think of), with a genius-like brain (like a sponge in absorbing anything she watches or reads), with a weird but funny sense of humor (something that makes you think about first before you get the gist) and with a pure heart (a friend who never judges you for what you do and sticks like a gum by your side esp. during tough times).
I'm so glad she ended up with a man like him. Someone who can make her laugh. Someone who will treat her like a princess because she deserved to be treated like one. Someone who will understand her better than we do. Someone who will be there for her because she has a fragile soul that requires constant protection.
She'll always be the great friend that once upon a time inspired me to make things happen and she did.
I used to hate weddings. They make you dream of happy endings which only happen in movies. I never got fond of attending them because I used to think they are full of pretension. I've seen different kinds of weddings but it's not even close to the feeling I saw from them yesterday.
Thank you for being such a wonderful friend. Thank you for sharing your happiness with me. Most of all, thank you for making me see that a love like you guys have still exists in this world.
Hope you guys will have a fun, exciting and long life ahead.