Jun 9, 2011

The one with pavements

I am hooked to this song "Chasing Pavements" by Adele. My favorite part of the song is:


I build myself up
And fly around in circles
Waitin' as my heart drops
And my back begins to tingle
Finally, could this be it



Should I give up,
Or should I just keep chasin' pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere
Or would it be a waste
Even if I knew my place
Should I leave it there
Should I give up,
Or should I just keep chasin' pavements
Even if it leads nowhere



I walked with my newfound friend who's from Myanmar for the second time since we started our training last weekend. Everyone has this idea that I am head over heels in love with him and the truth is--I am fascinated with him. He is interesting to speak with because he doesn't talk like other guys do. He is a gentleman. He shows respect in each and every move he makes. He also has a girlfriend and I do not have any romantic interest in him. Period. I am interested in a brotherly way since I never had a brother.

Time flew by and I just can't seem to make it stop. I got blisters on my feet and each of them marks the moments of hardships that I had to go through to get my life on track. I've been floating into different jobs that I wasn't sure of without any direction. This is the closest I've come where I believe I'm on to something riskier than I've ever been in my life. I've always been satisfied to be in the sidelines and I finally took the reins to be where I want to be for the first time.

I'm in the first week of product training and I am lost in all the acronyms flying everywhere. The trainer is reading all the slides in the Powerpoint and it is a bit annoying but we don't have a choice on the matter. Life is different in Singapore. Spoonfeeding days are over. We should try to learn everything on our own or we'll drown. The trainer is also a Filipino but she is oozing with indifference that she didn't even notice everyone's bored to death while she continuously reads through the material. 

My 2 other friends who are from the Philippines were a blessing although they cannot compensate for the loss I felt when I left my friends from work. It is really a HUGE adjustment. With the shared bedroom and bathroom, the changes I experienced were not as expected but I'm coping with it day after day. It is a miracle that I'm no longer losing my way to work and back home. It is a surprise that I had the courage to speak to people of different races which I wouldn't have done on a normal day. Lastly, it is a shock that I am thinking the decisions in my life on my own this time.

I must admit that most of my life had been dependent on my family's suggestions and recommendations. It had been acceptable and beneficial for me; however, I came to the point that I was suffocated. I wanted to be completely free to decide for myself. I don't want to regret not doing the things I wanted to do. I will go to Paris (hopefully soon!) and I will save enough to buy my own place I can call home.

These pavements will remind me that life goes on whatever happens. With or without any man, I will become a happy woman. I promised myself that I will make the most out of my life whatever happens. God is very generous in giving me 28 years of my life and I will make sure He feels I'm grateful for every minute of it. 

2 comments:

Ella said...

awww...i miss you... so this man...? err? really? nothing? haha. i'm really glad you're out there making the most out of your life...

tequila said...

He's a good friend dear..that's all. Plus everything he says is new which makes it more fascinating each day..nothing romantic, believe me.