Jun 15, 2011

The one with blessings

My sister got a good news today. She was offered to start with her new job with an unexpectedly generous salary although it's only for 3-4 months at a prestigious bank. She was literally jumping with joy (I can't believe it myself with her weight but she did). God is great!

I met a lot of Filipino team mates who were nice and friendly. One of them even offered to include me in their Poker games every Saturday because they need one more player. I just smiled, not knowing how to respond. It was overwhelming to be invited to join them and to be a part of a new group again.

I was caught using my mobile phone without the headset on earlier when I did the buddy-up. I just smiled because I don't think the Indian trainer would believe my explanation anyway. The truth was, the agent is already assigning the ticket and simply letting the caller know about it. The call is almost done and I had just removed the headset. It was an unlucky incident since I've been looking out for the hawk since morning and she still saw me when I had just pulled out my phone from my pocket. Good thing I haven't added her in FB yet. Moving forward, I'll make sure to avoid these lousy moments. The blessings are still getting better and better. 

I miss my family and friends whenever I ride the bus alone. The great view of the bridge connecting the land with all the tourist spots in between was wonderful but it's not the same without any of them. I always have my headset in my ears with the usual songs that remind me of the past to keep me company. It soothes the homesickness somehow. Specific songs remind me of different moments with them and it's enough for now. I kept telling myself that soon I'll see all of them and life will be the same again. There's no room for sadness when there's an unknown time to be happy about the great things in between. 



No comments: