Sep 23, 2010

The one with the hug

My boss surprised me today by asking for a hug. My mind went blank. Did I hear that correctly or is my imagination running wild again? 1-2-3-4-5 seconds. Exhale.

Nope. She hugged me like she's hugging a bear. Not that I look like one-- but I felt like a bear earlier.

Studies show that hugs improve people's behaviors and the like but does that apply to co-workers and their relationship among others too?

If that's the case, I would've hugged the lobby guards, janitors and even the pantry staff to erase all the negative vibes. Naaah, I might be terminated for harassment before it improves my so-called life.

Whatever she meant by the hug, it seemed as if she was trying to send me a hidden message. Oh no, I definitely need my KB friend for this since I don't think I'm qualified to decipher such a complicated way of communication.

If humans will communicate by hugging, the world will be a better place but for those of us who are left with our mouths wide open due to such an unexpected gesture, please send it thru SMS for better understanding.

I love my boss dearly but this was too mind-buggling for me to decipher. Hope this will not be equivalent to the word that starts with a capital G and ends with an E.


No comments: