May 4, 2009

The one with my birthday

Okay, it's my birthday for the 26th time.
Happy Birthday to me! :)
My ex-colleagues and I went to a KTV last night after the blessing of the new shop of my sister's bf. We laughed like there's no tomorrow for hours...They sang almost all possible songs in each decade since the 1950's. My gay friend brought his new partner along and he's Josh Groban in shorts! With his great voice, I can't argue with his newfound love. They're a perfect match. My other friend brought her bf too so it's like I'm the 5th wheel! Anyway, it turned out great after a few minutes of awkwardness because everyone's in the mood to sing and drink and be merry. =)
I missed having them around to tease when I'm bored or simply because it became a habit like wearing earrings everyday. Life is just not that normal without them.
I'm so thankful that I reached this age. I'm not as optimistic when it comes to aging so technically, this is already huge blessing for me. Like all hopeful people, I wish for certain things on my so-called big day.
Wish List:
5. I had this dream since I attended community service to celebrate my birthday with little kids who grew up without their family or those kids from adoption centers. I hope I can do that before I reach my 30th birthday!
4. I'd love to spend my day with close friends and play poker..naah, the poker thing would be a bonus =p
3. It wouldn't be bad to receive a gift but I'd prefer something that was not bought from a store. What I treasure the most among all the gifts I'd gotten are those cards that my grade school friends gave me. It's probably the most thoughtful present ever- that until now I still kept it in a wooden box! The time can be seen from its yellowish color and believe it or not, it's fascinating to me as a new toy is for kids on Christmas ^_^
2. Peace of mind. Weird but I love having a ME-time to reminisce my previous year and all that. I mean, who wouldn't? It's fun...sort of recalling all the people you met, thinking about the others who never got in touch anymore and laughing about the good and worst times of your year rolled into one.
1. It's rare that I celebrate my birthday with the whole family. If I'm not mistaken, we've been complete twice since I got a mind of my own: one was when I was 5 and we went to the park after church and the second time was at 15 or 16 with my aunt and uncle in Singapore. Lately, being a grown up is such a pain in the @$$ especially with my parents around but I still enjoy being with all of them because that's the time I feel complete amidst all the chaos in this world.
Hopefully, nothing peculiar happens later...wish me luck!

No comments: